Sleep is essential for sustaining a healthy mind and body. Sleep is equally vital for seniors because it helps recover their body’s overall health after a long day of conducting daily activities and favorite hobbies. It is also the body’s way of fighting off infections and weariness, which may prevent your loved ones from living life to the fullest as they age.
Intrinsic Home Care, Inc. provides hourly, overnight, and live-in care to all of our clients as part of our compassionate home care services.
When care, companionship, and supervision are most needed, our trained specialists can offer them. If you want assistance late at night, our companion care in Illinois will always be available.
Throughout our years as a dependable home care business, we’ve noticed that most seniors are prone to insomnia and other sleep disturbances. If they are given the proper assistance, they can continue their evening with little to no sleep.
As a result, here are some things we did to ensure they got a good night’s sleep:
- Keeping your loved one’s bedroom tidy and ordered.
- Installing blackout curtains to block out glaring light and keep cool air in.
- Avoid large meals and alcoholic beverages at dinner.
- Putting away electronics one hour before bedtime since blue light lowers melatonin generation in the brain.
- Family members and elders themselves should avoid afternoon naps and keep themselves busy during the day.
As a provider of personal care in Indiana, there are tons of ways we can do to improve your senior loved one’s sleep quality and overall wellness. One way you can achieve this for yourself, or a loved one is by getting in touch with our team for an assessment. We look forward to caring for you!